Total Pageviews

Greetings!

'A gaping silken dragon,/Puffed by the wind, suffices us for God./We, not the City, are the Empire's soul:/A rotten tree lives only in its rind.'

Friday 23 March 2012

Horse, foot and guns

In response to a gracious request from the Duke of Tradgardland, the Loyal stalwarts of the Queen's Rangers demonstrate their prowess in the field. The centre company:

The light company in open order, in true Ranger fashion, to harass His Majesty's enemy:

A view of the light company, the battalion gun, with the horse moving to cover the flank:

A distant view of the field. (The balloon back chair in the background was in existence when many veterans of the Queen's Rangers were still 'enjoying their bottle and their lass' in their new home in Upper Canada. I like that idea. It pleases and comforts me).

Figures, are, as you will recognise, Front Rank and Perry.

2 comments:

  1. Stout fellows indeed- I am grateful for seeing them demonstrating their undoubted prowess...
    Do tell more of the splendid buildings too ,especially the ones on the right of the bottom picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alan. The splendid buildings are from Hovel's Northern European range, painted by my good self. They are very nicely done, and, happily, I know that I have two more on the way - for my forthcoming birthday.

    ReplyDelete